Do you find yourself...
- Losing control?
- Losing touch with your child?
- Feeling frustrated?
- Yelling more often than laughing?
- Not feeling as close as you would like?
- Saying the same things over and over again with no results?
In this era of COVID-19, there is high stress and great uncertainty among parents and children. We can help your children who are struggling with anxiety and other challenges that may be getting in the way of them experiencing joy.
At Mindset Family Therapy, we believe that parents are an essential component to the success of their children’s treatment. You can learn to become the therapeutic agent in your child’s life by learning the keys to help your child succeed in school and in life through CPR Training!
C-P-R Training (Child-Parent Relationship Training)
C-P-R Training (also called Filial Therapy) is a research-based model that teaches parents how to use some of the same skills that play therapists use to help children experiencing social, emotional, or behavioral problems. Research shows that motivated parents can be as effective as a professional in helping their child. Parents do not take the place of a therapist; however, parents learn essential skills to build stronger bonds with their child during “special play time” sessions.
CPR-T is a program for parents of children under 10 years of age and also can be modified to be effective with older children and adolescents.
“What’s most important may not be what you do, but what you do after what you did!”
How Can C-P-R Training Help You?
Through C-P-R Training you will learn 1) how to regain control as a parent, 2) help your child develop self-control, 3) effectively discipline & limit inappropriate behavior, 4) understand your child’s emotional needs, and 5) communicate more effectively with your child. In 10 weeks, you will see a noticeable difference in your relationship with your child; your child’s behavior; your ability to respond effectively; and your confidence in your parenting skills.
Research studies have shown that Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Training can:
- Reduce or eliminate behavior problems
- Enhance the parent-child relationship and the marital relationship
- Develop responsibility and self-control in children
- Increase children’s self-esteem and self-confidence
- Increase parents’ feelings of warmth for their children
Some of the things you will learn include:
- How to help your child open up to you
- Therapeutic limit-setting
- Recognize emotional needs and build your child’s self-esteem
- Foster creativity, self-control, and self-responsibility
Your child’s therapist will teach you key skills to help you feel more confident and empowered in your relationship. Your child will also feel more confident, empowered and resilient!
Call us at 801-427-1054 to schedule an appointment with one of our therapists specializing in helping struggling children and their parents.