How can you help your children with their emotional challenges? Are you looking for the best way to help your children?
Do you find yourself...
- Losing control?
- Losing touch with your child?
- Feeling frustrated?
- Yelling more often than laughing?
- Not feeling as close as you would like?
- Saying the same things over and over again with no results?
At Mindset Family Therapy we can help your child with difficulties he or she may be experiencing, and help your relationship get back to the “way it used to be.” We will teach you the keys to better help your child succeed in school, life, and in family relationships.
Learn the Keys to Helping Your Child Succeed in School and in Life through...
C-P-R Training (Child-Parent Relationship Training)
C-P-R Training (also called Filial Therapy) is a research-based, 10-week parenting course that teaches parents how to use some of the same skills that play therapists use to help children experiencing social, emotional, or behavioral problems. Research shows that motivated parents can be as effective as a professional in helping their child. This is a program for parents of children under 10 years of age. However, there is new research that shows CPR Training is also helpful with older children including teenagers!
“It is a happy talent to know how to play.”
RALPH WALDO EMERSON
How Can C-P-R Training Help?
Through C-P-R Training you will learn how to: regain control as a parent, help your child develop self-control, effectively discipline & limit inappropriate behavior, understand your child’s emotional needs, and communicate more effectively with your child. In 10 weeks, you will see a noticeable difference in: your relationship with your child; your child’s behavior; your ability to respond effectively; and your confidence in your parenting skills.
Research studies have shown that Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Training can:
- Reduce or eliminate behavior problems
- Enhance the parent-child relationship and the marital relationship
- Develop responsibility and self-control in children
- Increase children’s self-esteem and self-confidence
- Increase parents’ feelings of warmth for their children
Some of the things you will learn include:
- How to help your child open up to you
- Therapeutic limit-setting
- Recognize emotional needs and build your child’s self-esteem
- Foster creativity, self-control, and self-responsibility